We, as a community, make a collective commitment to Bellingham’s children. We will empower every child to discover and develop their passions, contribute to their community, and achieve a fulfilling and productive life.
We collectively commit that our students are cared for and respected, and that they will graduate from our schools prepared for success. All students will be exceptional in their own way, with strong character, a passion for learning, and ready for the widest range of educational and vocational options to support a diversity of life choices.
- All children should be loved
- The whole child is important
- Every child can learn at high levels
- Early learning and development are critical
- Learning is lifelong and essential to a high quality of life
- Compassion and service build community
- Teaching children to do their best involves self-reflection and reaching higher
- Diversity enhances a strong and healthy community
- Together we achieve more than alone