Individual schools and Central Services maintain an online calendar of events, accessible here or from school websites. Please contact your school if you have a question about an event at a school.
School Year Calendars
(you can filter by each school, then click apply)
Key Dates for the 2020-21 school year
- Sept. 2, 2020: First day of school
- Sept. 7, 2020: No school/holiday
- Nov. 11, 2020: No school/holiday
- Nov. 26 to 27, 2020: No school/holiday
- Dec. 21, 2020 to Jan. 1, 2021: No school/holiday (winter break)
- Jan. 18, 2021: No school/holiday
- Feb. 15, 2021: No school/holiday
- April 5 to 9, 2021: No school/holiday (spring break)
- May 31, 2021: No school/holiday
For planning purposes, the district and schools use this online reference guide for religious holidays: http://www.interfaith-calendar.org/
When possible, staff avoid scheduling evening events and meetings on religious holidays in accordance with administrative procedure 2340P.
Graduation Dates for Class of 2019
Here are the tentative dates for graduation for the class of 2019:
- Bellingham High School: 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 7 at Bellingham High School
- Squalicum High School: 11 a.m. Saturday, June 8 at Squalicum High School
- Sehome High School: 2 p.m. Saturday, June 8 at Sehome High School
- Community Transitions: 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 11 at the Bellingham Cruise Terminal
- Options High School: 6:30 p.m. Thursday June 13 at Options High School
Graduation dates/times could change if school is canceled for any unforeseen circumstance, such as a snow day. A final decision to determine graduation dates will be made no later than Feb. 28, 2019.
The last day for seniors is tentatively June 7, 2019. We do not recommend that staff or families make travel plans or other arrangements before February 28, because if the school year gets extended, then our graduation ceremonies would likely be the following week. Under this scenario, the last day for seniors could change. Graduation rehearsal date/times and the number of tickets available for each graduate will be determined by school. Please note that the last day of school for non-senior students is June 14.
This message was sent to all senior families on Sept. 26, 2018.