For graduation requirements please view the Course Planning Guide below. The Course Planning Guide is designed to help middle and high school students think about and discuss their future goals with their families prior to course registration. Registration for next school year takes place in February and March.
High School Course Catalog 2018, updated 3/29/2018
Class of 2018 Credit Requirements
- English 4.0
- Physical Education 1.5
- Health 0.5
- Mathematics 3.0
- Science 2.0
- Social Studies 3.0
- World Language 2.0
- Arts 1.0
- Occupational Education 1.0
- Electives 6.5
24.5 Expected High School Credits
Graduation Dates for Class of 2019
Here are the tentative dates for graduation for the class of 2019:
- Bellingham High School: 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 7 at Bellingham High School
- Squalicum High School: 11 a.m. Saturday, June 8 at Squalicum High School
- Sehome High School: 2 p.m. Saturday, June 8 at Sehome High School
- Community Transitions: 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 11 at the Bellingham Cruise Terminal
- Options High School: 6:30 p.m. Thursday June 13 at Options High School
Graduation dates/times could change if school is canceled for any unforeseen circumstance, such as a snow day. A final decision to determine graduation dates will be made no later than Feb. 28, 2019.
The last day for seniors is tentatively June 7, 2019. We do not recommend that staff or families make travel plans or other arrangements before February 28, because if the school year gets extended, then our graduation ceremonies would likely be the following week. Under this scenario, the last day for seniors could change. Graduation rehearsal date/times and the number of tickets available for each graduate will be determined by school. Please note that the last day of school for non-senior students is June 14.
This message was sent to all senior families on Sept. 26, 2018.