Loving Our Kids

Educators in Action

A tenet of The Bellingham Promise is “all children should be loved.” At the end of last school year, we asked staff members to tell their students they love them, catch it on video and send it to us. Our hearts are full seeing the responses from staff all over the district. Please take a moment to watch the video above. There’s a lot of love in Bellingham Public Schools.

Comments (12)

1. Cezar Mesquita

4 months ago

Inspiring and reassuring; thank you for sharing! We are thrilled to be part of the Bellingham community, and these snippets are wonderful affirmations of the values that we all hold dear.

2. Neyda Gonzalez

4 months ago

Very powerful video, it’s amazing what those words can do to a child’s demeanor. You can see right away how powerful those words are, and to know that some children never get to hear them.

3. Carmen Gilmore

4 months ago

I LOVE this!

4. Kismet Lee

4 months ago

So beautiful. I feel like there should be a “you will cry” warning on this.

5. Coltrane

4 months ago

Thank you for this! Feeling the love….

6. Pamela Verner

4 months ago

This is what schools should be all about! Thank you Bellingham for being a shining light for our future!

7. Roberta Schamber

4 months ago

We are so excited to be a part of the Bellingham Promise. We moved here from Arizona and are definitely feeling the love! Thank you,
    Roberta Schamber

8. Terry Sherman

4 months ago

This is lovely! Love is what we all need! So happy our little community feels this way about our children. Thank you to the teachers who work so hard for our kids…we love you!

9. Maryann Kuhn

4 months ago

This is lovely! Bellingham is a special place, and our schools help make it so! We feel lucky to have such great teachers for our kids.

10. julia gideon

1 month ago

Hi my name is Julia Gideon
    so i love your videos i cry
    the first time so i love it

• julia gideon

1 month ago

so thank you all 💖💖💖

11. Estela Carrera-Infante

3 weeks ago

My experience in the educational system goes back over 25 years. I’ve worked in Migrant and Bilingual Education and my experience has not always been positive in what we refer to as mainstream. I am now a part of the Bellingham School District as Early Childhood Family and Parent Education Coordinator, I am proud to be part of this district where it is so inclusive. Every school I have visited displays the affection written in the Bellingham Promise and demonstrated in this video. I’ve had the opportunity of interpreting for a couple of conferences with Spanish speaking parents and students at Shuksun and Alderwood and I walked away amazed at how our teachers and all staff display so much affection and genuine care for our students, all students. I’ve worked with wonderful teachers and staff through out my career but in Bellingham it’s displayed from the moment I joined this district.

We can expect with pride Respectful and Compassionate Humans with this philosophy. I’m proud to be part of this community.